The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act of 2008 are certainly complex in understanding and enforcement. The scope of the ADAAA is daunting and a compliance challenge for HR officials as well as line managers.
This webinar will provide an overview of all facets of ADAAA and provide practical tips for compliance. Common areas of noncompliance include a lack of understanding of the definition of disability and physical and mental impairments that are covered under the Act. HR and line managers often mishandle providing reasonable accommodations and engaging the employee in the “interactive process.”
Managing leaves under the ADA Amendments can be especially challenging, especially when ADA overlaps with Family and Medical Leave Act and/or workers’ compensation. The webinar speaker will share a wealth of her experience in complying to provide an informative session.
Why Should You Attend:
Whether new to HR compliance, or a seasoned veteran, the threat of lawsuits looms over us. And, with ever increasing workloads there is uncertainty and doubt about whether supervisors and managers, outside of the HR suite, are fully complying with complicated employment laws.
This webinar will present plain language ideas for HR compliance as well as supervisory and managerial compliance with the ADAAA.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Definition of “disability” under the ADA and ADAAA
- Covered physical and mental impairments
- What is not considered a disability
- Examples of reasonable accommodations
- Responsibilities of the employee and employer
- Explanation of the interactive process
- Guidelines for what all managers should know about the ADAAA
- Managing leaves of absences under the ADAAA
- Differing requirements for ADA and FMLA
- Leave lengths
- Managing intermittent leaves
- Recent cases
- Helpful resources and websites
Participants will gain:
- Understanding of the breadth of the ADA – ADAAA and common compliance issues
- Knowledge of how to comply with ADA – ADAAA
- Application to ensure managers and supervisors are also complying with the ADA – ADAAA
Who Will Benefit:
Any professional in human resources or payroll, including:
- Specialists and generalists
- Department or line managers with significant responsibility
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244