A whistle blower or qui tam lawsuit can provide financial rewards to individuals who provide information that a company, hospital or individual has defrauded the government. The primary statutes under which this relief may be sought are the federal and state False Claims Acts (“FCAs”). State and federal governments pay hundreds of billions of dollars each year for pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, hospital care, and nursing home care through Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs. Thus, the Whistle blower Protection Act is often applied in the health care industry to fight fraud, and specifically fraud committed by hospitals. Whistle blowers who report this fraud receive 15-25% of the amount recovered.
Why Should You Attend
Much confusion lies around the whistle blower laws or claims brought under the False Claims Act. A whistle blower or qui tam action can provide financial rewards to individuals who provide information that a company or individual has defrauded the government. To the contrary, if the government finds that you have engaged in fraud against the government and you could be potentially be named in a whistle blower suit and be prosecuted civilly and/or criminally.
Because state and federal governments pay hundreds of billions of dollars each year for healthcare, fraud waste and abuse are particularly rampant in hospitals and hospital systems.
Attend this 60-minute webinar to understand the framework of the False Claims Act (or whistle blower statute), the procedures for filing a False Claims Act case, and the importance in protecting the court’s seal. This webinar will also discuss the pros/cons of bringing a case and important information you should bring to the attention of the government and the attorney representing you.
Areas Covered in the Session
• Understand the framework of the False Claims Act (or whistle blower statute)
• The procedures for filing a False Claims Act case, and the importance in protecting the court’s seal
• The pros/cons of bringing a case and important information you should bring to the attention of the government and the attorney representing you
• The elements of a False Claims Act case will be explained
• Types of False Claims Act cases brought against hospitals and in healthcare settings
• Examples of False Claims Act cases that have been successful and have recovered money for the government and rewarded whistle blowers for reporting fraud
• Tools to be used to spot a potential whistle blower case and documentation needed to report the case
Who Will Benefit
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all personnel in: medical offices, practice groups, hospitals, academic medical centers, business associates (shredding, data storage, systems vendors, billing services, etc). The titles are:
• Compliance Directors
• Privacy Officers
• Security Officers
• Information Systems Managers
• HIPAA Officers
• Chief Information Officers
• Health Information Managers
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyers
• Office Managers
• Contracts Managers
• Medical Staff
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244