Speaker: Mike Thomas
Date: December Tuesday 13th
Time:01:00 PM EST | 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 60 Minutes
Product Code: 700627
“This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.”
If you think that Excel is all about working with numbers then think again. More and more people are turning to Excel managing lists & databases, to help them to manage list-based and tabular data.
In many cases they receive, download or import data from elsewhere and before that data can be used within their business and treated as a credible source of information, it needs be seriously checked and cleaned – duplicate entries, non-printing characters, extra spaces and capitalization inconsistencies are all-too-often present in downloaded and imported data. In this Excel training webinar, you’ll learn how to deal with and fix all these issues.
Why Should You Attend
You’ll also learn about managing list and tabular based data in terms of sorting (into different orders), applying and saving filters (that let you display only certain items) and summarizing with Excel Pivot Tables.
Areas Covered in this Webinar
- Sorting a column or row of items into order
- Sorting a list of date-based items into order
- Filtering a list to display only certain items
- Saving a filter for re-use
- The benefits of Tables
- Summarizing a list with Pivot Tables and Excel SubTotal Reports
- Cleaning up imported/ downloaded data
- Advanced Excel features like importing and linking to non-Excel data
- Manage lists in Excel
- Excel sorting and filtering
Who Will Benefit
- Investment Analysts / Financial Analysts / Business Analysts
- Forecasting & Planning Personnel
- Mergers & Acquisitions Specialists
- Risk Managers
- Strategic Planners / Capital Expenditure Planners
- Cost Accountants / Managerial Accountants
- Any User of Excel who wants to learn how to create form-driven applications and spreadsheets
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. His expertise and experience covers creating and delivering training courses, writing training materials and recording and editing video-based tutorials.
He is a subject matter expert in a range of Microsoft technologies and has also worked extensively with Mac OSX and Mac-related software since 2006, however, his passion is for all-things-Excel.
Mike is a Fellow of ‘The Learning and Performance Institute’ and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
In addition to training, he designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.