Speaker: Gina Lowdermilk
Date: December Friday 9th
Time:01:00 PM EST | 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 60 Minutes
Product Code: 700577
This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
Most financial institutions have programs in place for FCRA/FACTA. Although they are in place, they need to be appropriate and comprehensive to be the most effective when properly dealing with credit scores and adverse action notices. This is an active area of litigation and regulatory scrutiny.
This Webinar will help attendees better understand the compliance obligations with respect to FCRA/FACTA. Best practice guidelines relating to these will be addressed as well as consequences for failing to addressing them accordingly.
Why Should You Attend
By understanding the obligations as it pertains to the FCRA/FACTA, the opportunity to be noncompliant with their requirements will be mitigated more effectively and certain associated problems can be addressed and resolved more efficiently and effectively.
Areas Covered in this Webinar
- You will understand FCRA/FACTA compliance obligations
- You will be able to recognize potential areas of risk in connection for improper handling of adverse action notices
- You will be able to discuss how credit scores are to be used
- You will be able to explain:
- Adverse Action Notice Requirements
- FCRA/FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) Basic Requirements
- Use of Credit Scores
- Policies and Procedures
- Consequences for non-compliance
- Accurate and appropriate credit reporting and adverse action notice oversight for the protection of consumers
- Understand the oversight requirements for FCRA/FATCA
- Mitigate the potential for non-compliance and avoid potential enforcement actions and violations
Who Will Benefit
- Compliance professionals
- Financial Professionals
- Bank examiners
- Bank regulators
- Auditors and lenders
Gina Lowdermilk is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders.
Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality. Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills.
She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. Gina has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.